Obesity is serious business to employers. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), two thirds of Americans are either overweight or obese. Obesity costs employers an estimated $147 billion annually in health care costs alone. Weight-focused wellness programs can be an effective way for employers to reduce obesity and lower their health care costs, reduce sick days, and boost employee productivity.
- Reward employees for participating in worksite wellness programs
- Include in weight loss programs as a key teaching tool
- Give away at health fairs, lunch and learns, or screenings
Portion control is a healthy habit your employees can learn and has been proven to be an effective means of reducing obesity.
Portion control fits into other initiatives you can do to help combat obesity in your workplace. Your working environment should support great eating habits. For example:
- Include healthy food and beverage choices in the vending machines and cafeteria
- Encourage employees to bring healthy foods
- For an onsite lunch meeting, provide healthy side options like fresh fruit and whole wheat sandwiches
- Instead of “donut days”, provide mini-bagel or muffin options with reduced fat cream cheese and fruit
- Provide a water cooler or filtered water to employees
To learn more about customization for your organization's health & wellness program, please check out our Customization Page.
beBetter Health, Inc. | 325 W Huron St, Suite 711 | Chicago, IL 60654
Healthy Employees Love Portion Plate
Use The Portion Plate in Your Organization